Citizen Jounalist 6/30/2017
Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally ‘incapacitated’ (but they’d need Mike Pence to agree)
- 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows Congress to set up a medical commission that could determine if a president is fit for office
- The president’s cabinet is also allowed to serve that purpose, but Congress has never established its own group to participate
- Either panel would require the vice president to agree before Congress could vote to remove the president
- A Maryland Democratic congressman is trying to set up a commission to target President Trump, tweeting: ‘Trump’s mental incapacity is no laughing matter’
- Plan has only attracted Democratic cosponsors so far
- Senate that passed 25th Amendment agreed ‘inability’ meant a ‘mental debility’ rendering a president ‘unable or unwilling to make any rational decision’
Since 1789, the Senate has had nine expulsion proceedings out of which fifteen Senators were expelled, most of them early in the Civil War on grounds of supporting the rebellion. The House has also proceeded against twenty-nine of its Members but has expelled only five, two for corruption and three for supporting the rebellion.
Rules and Expulsion Clause
Article I, Section 5, Clause 2
The Rules and Expulsion Clause stands as the analog to the impeachment clauses. It is the only constitutional mechanism by which a sitting Member of Congress can be removed from office. Alexander Hamilton assumed that Members of the legislature could be impeached, and some comments in the ratifying conventions presumed the same, but historical practice has been to the contrary.
In 1797, the Senate expelled William Blount, but it later refused to convict him on a bill of impeachment because it concluded that there was a lack of jurisdiction. Subsequent interpretation of the Senate’s action, supported in particular by Justice Joseph Story, has found the Senate’s action dispositive: Members of each branch of Congress may be expelled by their own respective body, but they cannot be impeached.
Story’s position is supported at least in part by the text of the Constitution. The existence of the specific removal provisions for Members of Congress negates any inference that impeachment exists as an alternative removal mechanism.
Frustrated mentally ill dems can be expelled from the senate and house.
Maxine waters is a mentally ill member of congress as are many other democrats who display their mental illness for the liberal FAKE news media everyday.
These frustrated mentally ill democrats should be expelled from congress.
President Trump is very competent and knows how to deal with mentally ill democrat members of congress.
The squirrels who squirm in congress to cook up something to remove President Trump are hopeless frustrated mentally ill people who need help.